The members of the U.S. meat and poultry industry are committed to being good stewards of the environment in which they operate. In addition to striving for full compliance with a host of federal, state and local environmental regulations, the industry embraces a comprehensive set of environmental best practices. The American Meat Institute also recognizes outstanding achievement in voluntary environmental protection through an annual awards program.
Presentation and Guidance
- Powerpoint Presentation: Quaternary Ammonium Compounds (Dirks) July 2009
- Powerpoint Presentation: Quanternary Ammonium Compounds July 2009
Must be a member and logged in to view.
- Assessment of Biological Nitrogen Removal in Poultry Facilities
- Biodegradation and Toxicity of Alkyl Benzyl Dimethyl Ammonium Chloride in a Mixed Aerobic Culture
- Effect of Alkyl Benzyl Dimethyl Ammonium Chloride and Temperature on Nitrification
- Effect of Polyelectrolytes and Quaternary Ammonium Compounds on the Anaerobic Biological Treatment of Poultry Processing Wastewater
- Environmental Fate and Toxicity in Wastewater Treatment of Quaternary Ammonium Surfactants
- Evaluation of Effects of Antimicrobial Food Processing, Cleaning and Sanitation on Aerobic and Anaerobic Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Fate and Effect of Alkyl Benzyl Dimethyl Ammonium Chloride in Mixed Aerobic and Nitrifying Cultures